Undocumented & Non-Citizen    Student Resources

You may be considered a non-citizen if you're not a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident and you don't have a visa to reside in the U.S. However, it's important to note that not all non-citizens are undocumented students. Undocumented students are not eligible for federal financial aid, so explore other options for funding your education. 

Students who are not U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents of the United States and who do not hold a valid visa or who are not seeking a visa for study or documentation for residency in the U.S. may face particular challenges when it comes to enrolling in educational programs in the country. It's important to carefully research your options and understand the requirements and limitations that may apply to your situation. However, there are often opportunities available for international students to study in the U.S. through exchange programs, scholarships, and other avenues. With careful planning and preparation, you can pursue your educational goals and enjoy a fulfilling academic experience in the United States. 

If you are a youth who is eligible for DACA and have received the necessary documentation, you may be exempt from deportation for a period of two years. This program also allows you to work during this time, which can significantly relieve those struggling to make ends meet. It's important to remember that DACA is not a permanent solution but can provide stability and peace of mind while you work towards a more secure future. If you have any questions about your eligibility or the application process,  consult a trusted legal professional who can guide you. 

ENG Undocu Students in TX College Guide_04-15-2022 (1).pdf


SPANISH Undocu Students in TX College Guide_04-15-2022.pdf